2009-01-13

WWC - Our favorites of 2008

This was the hardest Weekly Word Challenge! Our task was to find our favourite photos that we took during 2008. I have never done well at critiquing my own work, so trying to pick a favorite was not easy. I look at things after and think,"oh, I should have", or "I could have", or "why didn't I" and find fault with everything.

So, in no particular order, her are a few that pass muster. Click to enlarge, please.


This Arctic Fox at the zoo, was the one on guard and kept peeking to see if I was still coming closer.

This is Lucy, getting her tongue scratched.

Classic pose I know, but black swans are just so beautiful. I cut off the top of his head, so I had to crop that closely around the rest to make it look like it was intended. Oh, well!

I like how the sun is filtered here, I don't have any photo editing installed yet, or I would have cropped this a bit.

Rocky Mountains from a long way away.



Foothills near Grand Cache.

Really low clouds near Grand Cache.

My sisters Clematis.

A pretty weed on Sis's farm.



Dragon boat, I liked how the sun flare almost looks like he is puffing steam.

Lily that I grew last summer.

Sunset over the river downtown.


Clouds building up for an overnight storm.



So, I hope you enjoyed my choices. The WWC is hosted by Tink of Pickled Beef, you can drop by her blog to see how to join the fun. It's a good thing I know her address, I don't have all my bookmarks loaded yet. On her site you will find a link to our Flickr site though. I should be able to link to it next week ;)

Have a good day all.

21 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

Wow, those are great! It's hard to pick just one favourite, though, isn't it? I love the little arctic fox, and the black swan. The dragon breathing a rainbow is very cool, too.
And the lily is gorgeous..... great shots, sis!

Leah J. Utas said...

Those are wonderful, wonderful pics. Love Puff the Magic Dragonboat and the swan is gorgeous.
Excellent elephant pic, and I've got to say that fox is wonderful. There's many a day I'd like to be curled up tail on nose too.

Hilary said...

Great photos.. yours always are. I particularly like all of the ones that Baggie mentioned. That fox looks so snug.

Jay said...

I love all of those! Especially the last one and the pics of the Rockies.

Anonymous said...

I see blue eyes on that arctic fox! I think the black swan is gorgeous, and the Rocky Mtns made me sigh with homesickness.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Reb said...

Thanks Sis! It is hard to pick.

Leah that means a lot, thank you. I'd like to be curled up nose to tail today.

Hilary, I am pleased you like them, like Leah, that means a lot to me.

Jay, thanks. We were so far away from the Rockies, I hope we get there this sumemr.

Kcinnova, yes, they are blue. I don't know if I could ever move any further away than I am now from the mountians.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED arctic foxes! And elephants! yay!
If it is below zero F here, I wonder what Edmonton is like....

Aunt Jackie said...

Oh man, animal and nature pics. My favorites... You did a great job!!!

Swan, fox, I can't choose- love em all!

Happy 2009 Clicking I can't wait.

too lazy to switch accounts,

Aunt Jackie
http://oneandonlywoods.blogspot.com

Reb said...

Gary, thanks. Actually, it is about 1 above F right now!

Thanks AJ, I couldn't pick a favourite either.

Tink said...

Those are all really cool. I really like the one of the fox, and the mountains and the macro of the flower. Great job! I can't wait to see what you take in '09.

Clare2e said...

I think you did well!

And I like the close cropping on your black swan. Perhaps it seems prosaic, but I never get tired of those alert eyes and that perfect calligraphic neck. Your dragon boat and tongue-scratchers were great, too. Obviously, I'm in a zoo and carnival mood today.

Fortune Cookies said...

Great choices reb! I love those Rocky Mtn shots.

Reb said...

Tink, thanks. I can't wait either, you give us such great challenges.

Clare, thanks. I'm just glad I was able to make it look intended.

FC, I love the Rockies so much - can't wait to try and get out there this summer. Thanks.

Janet said...

The fox (cause I'm partial to them) and the really low clouds are two of my favs of these beautiful shots :-)

g-man said...

I am totally groovin on that lilly. As usual you take really good pictures. :) Cant wait to see what 2009 brings.

Travis Erwin said...

Great shots as always. Thanks for all you have done for me and my family this past week. It is friends like you that has gotten us through this tough time, though I gotta confess that was pure torture dangling baked good before mys stomach only to have slow mail service yank them away.

Reb said...

Thanks Janet, it is hard to be objective.

G-man, that means a lot, thanks.

Travis, thanks so much. Sorry about the tease.

Crabby McSlacker said...

These are great--thanks for sharing them! The black swan and the lily are my two favorites.

Reb said...

Crabby, thanks, glad you like them.

Missicat said...

Those are all so beautiful! I think I love the little fox just a tad more then the rest...

Reb said...

Thanks Missicat. I find myself liking each one "a little more" - as each commenter mentions them!