2009-01-27

Just what you all need!

I just got this in e-mail from a friend and as I have no WWC post for today I thought this might make some of you laugh.



For those of you who can never understand our Canadian temperatures. Hope this helps:

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart



50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Canadians plant gardens.



35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

Italian Cars won't start

Canadians drive with the windows down



32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

American water freezes

Canadian water gets thicker.



0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.

Canadians have the last cookout of the season.



-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.



-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians pull down their ear flaps.



-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

Ethyl alcohol Freezes.

Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg


-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"



-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

Hell freezes over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup



Hope you all have a good day
;)

18 comments:

Hilary said...

Good one, Reb. I hope all is ok in your world - cold as it may be.

David Cranmer said...

Thanks for the morning chuckle:)

the Bag Lady said...

That was so.... true. Especially the last part!!!

Thanks for the giggle, sis!

Reb said...

Thanks Hilary. Everything is good.

David, you're welcome.

Sis, isn't it though. ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL

Snow was in the air and we were grilling pork chops last night.
I say "we" -- I mean my husband was grilling and I was sipping wine and trying to tell him he was doing it wrong.

Reb said...

Kcinnova, yes, that is the only thing wrong with that joke....we grill all year round. ;)

Barbara Martin said...

That was a perfect explanation for temperature differences. I had a good chuckle. Thanks, Reb.

Reb said...

Barbara, yes it is a good comparison.

Aunt Jackie said...

Cute I love it... lol Thanks. Well, here in Memphis we are getting our 15 minutes of snow for the year. Pisses me off... where's my blizzard?? :((

Why oh why!!!!

Fortune Cookies said...

Too funny! I tell yah, I was in Canada when Wifester and I got married, it was April, so I was thinking, OK, it's spring, right? WRONG!!!!! I was one frozen cookie for the whole week!

Reb said...

AJ, I can probably arrange to send one along?

FC, yes, we never count on the calendar when spring is.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

poor Leafs......

Crabby McSlacker said...

Too funny!

And, um, about the Californians? Totally true. I shiver at 50 farenheit.

Reb said...

Gary, but so true!

Crabby, yes, I believe it. ;)

Dianne said...

I love this!! I think I may have been Canadian in another life - some of those made sense to me ;)

I love Canadian water gets thicker

Clare2e said...

I love it- go Leafs!

Reb said...

Dianne, of course you were a Canuck in another life!

Clare, that poor team.

Knight said...

Cold, eh? I love it!