2009-01-06

Well, so much for that

I was composing a post in my head yesterday morning - never a good place for me to store much of anything. It started something like: woke up late, whine, whine, cold waiting for the bus, whine, whine.

Then, while I was on the bus, I was reading posts on my phone and read about fellow blogger Travis Erwin's tragedy on Sunday. It puts things into perspective. It didn't relieve me of the cranky mood I woke up in, but, it did remind me that my troubles are not all that large.

Of course, later when I got home and was reading more blogs (my battery died) I find out my sister has been sick for days! (and yes, after I typed that, I got up and put my phone on the charger)

So much for whining yesterday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is a new day :)

So this month is the month for all the tests to make sure I am still in the land of the living and cancer free. I have to make an appointment to get my blood drawn and my tatas squished. I have to make an appointment to get a pretty new sleeve for my arm, to keep the swelling down.
I also get to go and have the worst test done - the one where they shove a camera up your colon.

That was part of why I was cranky yesterday. I had the appointment for my physical. The Dr's office, when they phoned to give me the appointment, told me 09.00. I bust my butt to get there, only to have the girl at the front desk tell me the appt is for 09.20 - wtf! Then she hands me a sheaf of papers and asks me to fill them out. It is a medical history form! Hello? I've been coming to this office for 5 years! What is the purpose of this?

As I said, I was cranky, so I underlined all of the typos and spelling mistakes and erroneous words. They want me to "enlist" all of the drugs I am on... in what? the Navy? After I did this I realized that my Dr. (who is German) may have been the one that wrote up the form, but still, his staff should have caught it!

So, I asked my Dr what was the purpose of the form..."well, you may have had a surgery, or seen another Dr and been put on a prescription that isn't in our files"... and if I hadn't told you about them, then I would be a complete idiot, thank you!

So, I need to make phone calls and set up more appts today. I will make a post at the end of the month and let you all know how things are going. Well, before then if I hear anything.

I'll post about other stuff in the meantime. I'm going to try to post more often. But, then again the road to hell - you know.

Have a good day all!

12 comments:

Jay said...

Hey, they might be willing to give you a copy of your colonoscopy. Then you could post part of it on your blog. Won't that make for a fascinating Vlog!! LOL

I hate dealing with doctors and all that crap. It's so frustrating.

Reb said...

Wonderful idea Jay! lol I was actually awake enough to watch the last one, fascinating stuff.

Hilary said...

Sending best thoughts your way for superb outcome to your medical tests.

I had not been to Travis' blog recently so I didn't know about the fire. What a heart breaker. Thanks for the link.

And yell at your sister to see a doctor! Please. :)

Leah J. Utas said...

I'd be pleased if my meds enlisted.
Kinda like asking what my ms is entitled. Well, it's not entitled to a damned thing until it's done and then it's entitled to be sent out.
Hmm, speaking of cranky...
Good luck with the tests. I've watched a few of my tests and found them fascinating.
Looking forward to more of your posts.
You're not alone. The road to Hell is being upgraded every day here.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats, that's a load alright---here's wishing you do you have a good day and good news

Emily said...

Hey Reb, sorry it's been a while since I stopped by...my blog reading time (AKA work) has been cut short lately. LOL!

I understand the frustration with the doctors, they act like we're stupid when some times we seem to have more common sense than they do!

However sucky, I really hope you get good test results. I remember reading on your blog when you got cancer, I can't imagine how scary that must have been. I have my fingers crossed that you are all cancer free!

Anonymous said...

If my meds enlist, do they still have to come up with a co-pay? ;)

I did the tata-squishing a few weeks ago. It wasn't too bad (they are coming up with better equipment all the time!) but the coolest thing is seeing it on the computer screen afterwards.
So far, I've avoided the colon cameras, but I know they will be coming for me soon...

Here's hoping that your tests have happy results!

Reb said...

Hilary, thanks, I am sure they will be fine. So shocking about Travis. I have yelled, but we are a stubborn lot.

Leah, yes, the English language is wonderful ;) Thanks, construction everywhere, eh?

Gary, thanks so much.

Emily, glad you're back. Yes, sometimes I just want to shake my Dr. Thanks.

Kcinnova, I am sure they would ;) Glad your screening was clear, yes, they are very pretty on the monitor. The colon camera isn't bad, it is the cleansing beforehand that is bad. Thanks.

Missicat said...

Hope it all works out for you - dealing with millions of forms makes my head asplode.
Wow, I followed the link to Travis Erwin's page. What a tragedy. Does put things in perspective...

Reb said...

Missicat, thanks. I hate redundancy too. It certainly does.

the Bag Lady said...

Ah yes, that road is fairly smooth in my neck of the woods, too.....

And I DID go see a doctor, for all the good it did. Basically he told me what I already knew.

And that is tragic about Travis, but at least his family got out alive! It could have been so much worse!

Reb said...

Well, except the part that keeps sliding down the hill ;)

Glad you went, even if it did take hours. Yes, he is lucky no-one was hurt.