2009-03-31

WWC: Orange & "N"

Well once again it is Tuesday and time for Tink's Weekly Word Challenge. This week the words are Orange & the letter "N".


Orange: Nothing rhymes with the word orange.


I don't imagine the maker of this fabric had that in mind when they created it though. In my mind, someone has to really like orange to wear this.

















This orange sign was in another shop window, I can honestly say I have never seen an orange apple though!










This orange sign may hold the clue as to why our neighbourhood is going to pot!





















And presenting the worst pizza in the city - and they have orange for their colour scheme! Coincidence? I think not.










Of course we can't do orange without the traffic cones!
















This is an outright lie! Obviously they are limited, they can't even keep their own sign lit! There are two "N's" there. Too bad it wasn't Neon too ;)








November - yeah, spring hasn't even arrived, we'll leave it at that!








N is for numbers too!
















Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!













Traffic rules have lots of "N's", I'll only show you one though.











That's all for today kids! If you would like to join the group, drop over and see Tink at Pickled Beef, she'll send you in the right direction.

Have a good day all.

20 comments:

Leah J. Utas said...

Nice work. Hmm, health region uses orange apples? Okay.
And thanks for the heads up on Little Caesars.
Love the Lighting Unlimited.

Janet said...

I take it you don't like orange? LOL! Cool shots :-)

Jay said...

Little Caesar's is deli .. okay, no it's not. ;-)

You did wayyyyyyyy better than me on "N" Actually you did better than me on both! haha

Great job with the words.

fiwa said...

I'm feeling some orange prejudice here! ;)

I love the unlighted lighting sign - that is hilarious.

the Bag Lady said...

The unlit sign is hilarious! Definitely limited...

Good choices again, sis!

g-man said...

Well done. Neighborhood going to pot and the lighting unlimited ones were too funny.

Reb said...

Thanks Leah. I was surprised by the health region sign too.

Janet, it is not one of my favourites. Thanks.

Jay, thanks. Nonsense, you did a good job.

Fiwa, not prejudice, I just grew up in the '70's where it was everywhere! As soon as I saw that sign I knew I had to use it.

Thanks Sis. I couldn't resist that sign.

Thanks G-man. We really are having trouble with pot in the complex right now, but I doubt the store has much to do with it ;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I don't like orange much either, although it works in nature--oranges, orange frogs, flowers, sunset!

Reb said...

Gary, that is where it is best! Man can reproduce the colours, but it just never translates well.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You listen to the Nitty Gritty Dirty Band? I would have never guessed!
Heh heh... I thought your Shell Shock was a deck of Pokemon Cards at first!
Glad I didn't have to explain THAT one to my kids! Neighborhood going to pot... ROTFL! And the lighting sign? That is wonderfully ironic.
I thought Little Caesar's pizza pizza!! was okay... when I was a teen. Now I just like saying "pizza pizza!!"
Great job, Reb!

Tink said...

I'm not sure I would eat an orange apple. They just don't sound that... healthy. ;)

Great job this week! I love the angle on the cones and the weird pot advertisement.

Hilary said...

You always have such clever entries. I just loved the unlimited. :)

Reb said...

Thanks Kcinnova. I listen to just about anything... that is music, which leaves out rap and death metal and grunge.

Tink, right there with you on the orange/apple! That is a real store btw.

Hilary thanks. I thought the sign was great, wasn't thinking about the wwc when I shot that.

Aunt Jackie said...

Wow really cool entries... N for numbers is cool, I didn't even think of that. I had a hard time fining enough orange and had to get creative lol but I tried. :)

Have a good one!

Reb said...

Thanks AJ, desperation is the mother of creativity for me.

Missicat said...

Great pictures! Love the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band!

Reb said...

Thanks Missicat. One of my favourites.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Who knew humble traffic cones could make such a nice photo?

Great collection of shots!

Terrie Farley Moran said...

You have the best imagination when it comes to this game!

Terrie

Reb said...

Thanks Crabby.

Terrie, thanks so much.