2008-01-03

Well then

After looking and looking at billions of blog layouts, here and at Pyzam. I finally have decided I will try this one for awhile. It is kind of like smelling perfume though, after the first three your nose dies! Well, after all I have looked at I may be wrong in thinking this is easy to read. Please feel free to tell me to change it if you find it hard to read.

I think I have all of my blog roll up again. I will check my reader later and make sure I haven't missed anyone. I think there might be one or two I still have to add.

So over the holidays, I was playing around with the backgrounds so much, I neglected to do a few things! The most important of which is to thank Virginia Lee over at I ain't dead yet.

She gave me this award:



It is from the Shameless lions writing circle and is called a Roar for powerful words . You can all follow the links and read all about it. I am so pleased to have been given this award as I don't consider myself a writer and I just blog to get things off my chest.

The next thing I have not done yet, is to pass the award on! So without further ado, I hereby award the following people (in no particular order) the Roar for powerful words!

1. My cousin Leah at The Goats' Lunch Pail. She never fails to write or say what is on her mind, but is a rare person in that she does think before she speaks (or writes).

2. Frank over at Remaindered Random Musings. He writes about his walks with Benny and always makes me laugh. Then he throws in some pictures and some memories of Christmases and brings a bit of awe and a tear to the eye.

3. Hilary over at The Smitten Image. She takes wonderful photographs and shares them with the world. She tells us about the pictures and includes tales of her kidlets and she has a punny sense of humour.

4. Crabby & Mary at Cranky Fitness. They have a way of getting real information out that works for me. They give you information from sources that contradict each other expecting that you are intelligent enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. And they are funny!

5. Wide Lawns and Narrow Minds. This blog is funny, well written and sassy! The author calls herself "Subservient No More" and tells tales about living in South Florida and her family.

6. oh, darn! Well, I will restrain myself to 5 even though I think I could probably give the award to all the blogs I read!

So, all of you can follow the link above and pick up your awards.


Well, doing this has reminded me of a few more blogs to add to my roll and I have to get my site meter back up and I have to go and make something to eat, so I will leave off for now.

Take care.

20 comments:

Hilary said...

Thank you dear Reb.. that's so very sweet of you. :)

I love the blog layout but find it slightly difficult to read. I think a much paler yellow text might help. Maybe keep the headers as is but the body text is a wee bit stark. It's otherwise absolutely lovely.

Thanks again for thinking of me. :)

Reb said...

Wow, I haven't even finished playing around! I will lighten the text and see if that helps. Your very welcome.

Crabby McSlacker said...

Reb, thank you so much!

I've been enjoying the ever-changing blog templates, and I was getting used to seeing a new "outfit" on you nearly ever time I'd visit. Very cool! But I guess that might be a hassle to keep them rotating just for my amusement. I suppose picking a single one makes sense but they're all very pretty!

the Bag Lady said...

Gee, the Bag Lady was getting accustomed to the ever-changing background! Don't stop now.

Leah J. Utas said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I like your blog background and found it easy to read. But change is good, too.

the Bag Lady said...

Oh, BTW, the Bag Lady likes the white-tail stag in the background...reminds her of home!

Frank Baron said...

Thanks Reb - darned decent of you. :)

I like the colours of your layout just fine but confess I found it a tad tough to read.

Then again, I'm old. I find nearly everything a tad tough to read. Especially women's expressions. Then the next thing you know, you're getting clobbered about something....

Hilary said...

Reb please, PLEASE don't let him near the chandelier.. or the egg nog!

Reb said...

I'm glad you all like your awards. I just realized in reading over the comments I used the wrong your (should have been you're) for Hilary, I was hungry!

Frank, try taking off the dark glasses? Old is just an excuse! ;)

Hilary, I would never let him near the egg nog now! It gets made from scratch at my friends house and would have gone bad by now (if it had lasted more than a day).

As to the background, I will probably get bored and change "outfits" in a few weeks, this is why I will never have a tattoo.

Geosomin said...

It's pretty, but maybe make the text bold or a lighter colour to be a bit easier to read. There's lots to muck with. I know I had to tweedle mine a lot to make it more readable...I'm still not entirely happy with it...

Reb said...

Geosomin, thanks, I will do some more tinkering.

Jennette Fulda said...

Heh! That comment about templates and perfume is totally true. I tend to do the same thing with fonts. I try a zillion fonts on a layout, but after awhile it's like "Just pick one already."

Wide Lawns said...

Why thank you!

Reb said...

Pasta Queen, you are so right! Too many choices out there for us I guess.

SNM you are welcome.

Virginia Lee said...

Excellent choices! Bravo to one and all.

I like your blog's new costume, Reb. It be purty. :)

And belatedly, dear,

HAPPY NEW YEAR! ! ! :)

Reb said...

VL, thanks, glad you like it and my choices.

Anonymous said...

Awooga. Just popped back in and must say it's WAY easier to read now - nicely done. It looks nice and doesn't detract from the beautiful picture and layout.
Yay :)

Reb said...

Thanks Geosomin

Tink said...

I can read it just fine. I like the little deer in the background too. Although I have to wonder, whose perspective are we looking at it? Hopefully not the hunter's. ;)

Reb said...

Tink, I hope it is just the photographers! Thanks for dropping by.