2009-04-14

WWC: "P" & Favourite Movie

Time once again for the Weekly Word Challenge. These are getting more challenging, this week we have the letter "P" and "Favourite Movie - People, places or things that remind you of it! I had to use mosaics this week, once I got thinking about things to represent movies, I got a bit carried away ;) Click on any to enlarge.




"P"

Icy Puddles, Puddles, Puppies, Post Office and Stores that start with "P"








Movies - Disney and Muppets:


Snuffleupagus, Cinderella, Lady & the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Shrek III, Lion King (twice) Bambi.













Movies - old stand bys:


A River Runs Through it (or The River Wild), Maltese Falcon, Easy Rider, Birds.















Movies - Sci-Fi/Fantasy & Cult:

Star Wars, Ladyhawk, Dragon Wars, Rocky Horror Picture Show (Eddie), Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Little Shop of Horrors (dentist)






I couldn't find an immense silver shoe or sails for the Sydney Opera House, so that I could give you The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - I am so ashamed ;)

Yes, I have a wide and varied love of movies not to mention a bit of a sick sense of humour.

This week the WWC is being hosted by the oh so Cynical Bastard himself while Tink is off having adventures.

Have a good day all.

21 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats, look at all of your pics!

Fortune Cookies said...

Wow! Someone get's the busy bee award! I wanted a Star Wars photo too, its one of my all time favorites, but I couldn't find my R2D2 pencil sharpener. :(
Great job with your photos!

the Bag Lady said...

Great job, sis! Very good portrayals of the movies!!

David Cranmer said...

If I was only half as creative!

Hilary said...

I love your sense of humour.. and your attention to detail. So cool!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I love your movie entries!! Attack of the Killer Tomatoes pic made me LOL! :) My own movie entry was Sooooo Lame (the movie isn't, just my picture).

Leah J. Utas said...

Well done again. Love your choices and how you illustrated them.

Jay said...

You really rolled with this week's words! Lots of great stuff.

When I went out to take pics I intended to get an "Easy Rider" pic, but forgot. Otherwise we would have had the same thing TWICE!

Great job, love all the movie pics. Wow!

fiwa said...

Snuffleupagus! I LOVE Snuffleupagus!

Man, you guys all knocked the movie theme out of the ballpark. That was a great choice of words - I can't remember one I enjoyed seeing the picture/choices for more.

Reb said...

Gary, I got a bit carried away.

FC, thank goodness for friends with kids ;) Thanks.

Sis, thanks, I had fun (and help).

David, I had help, we came up with so many more ideas, but could only do these few.

Thanks Hilary, some have other names for it ;)

Kcinnova, thanks. It was such a bad movie, but it did stick!

Thanks Leah. It helps to have friends with toys.

Jay, I did get a bit carried away and I had help. Thanks.

Fiwa, it is my favourite Muppet! Thanks, glad you enjoyed.

Janet said...

LOL you did GREAT with this! Especially loved The Birds :-)

Reb said...

Thanks Janet, I had so much fun! Maybe a bit too much!

Gramps said...

Nice work. My favorite was the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes pic.

Reb said...

Thanks Gramps! I had fun with that.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Hi Reb,

Very creative choice of pictures and excellent groupings!

Terrie

Reb said...

Thanks Terrie.

g-man said...

Wow, wicked cool shots. that "falcon" picture is especially intriguing. :) Well done!

Reb said...

Thanks G-man! The falcon was actually a happy coincidence when mosaic maker cropped.

Tink said...

Ah! These. Are. AWESOME! Fantastic job. I was grinning ear to ear as I looked through them.

Barbara Martin said...

Loved the muppet photos!

Reb said...

Thanks Tink, I really had fun.

Thanks Barbara.