...so nothing ever turns out the same twice. That is a shame because last nights mac & cheese was delicious! Here's what I did:
Cooked the mac of course (I used rice flour pasta, but any kind of noodle)
In a skillet, I cooked some sliced ham (try bacon or back bacon - for those not Canadian, back bacon is what ya'll call Canadian bacon)
- take the ham (or back bacon) out when slightly browned, in the same skillet throw in a bit of butter (the tip of a table knife) to lift the stuff left from the ham (if using bacon, don't bother with this step - pour off the grease)
- throw in two triangles of Laughing Cow soft cheese
- add some crushed garlic (I use the jar stuff, because then it is on hand when I want it) about one or two cloves if using fresh
- sprinkle in some powdered ginger (or a bit of real stuff to flavour)
- add some onion, chives, leeks whatever is on hand
- add a splash or two of milk to thin
- add salt & pepper to taste
- pour hot over noodles, add ham and serve with a salad or crusty bread.
Remember that I cook for one so adjust accordingly ;)
Have a good day all!